When you’re out in the great outdoors mountain biking, a crash could quickly turn a fun day into an emergency. You need to be prepared with first aid supplies! Leave the band aids and other small supplies at home. Also, forget about store bought kits. Most of the items in those kits are for small injuries around the house or at work. Most of your mountain biking related injuries are going to require more serious first aid supplies. NOTE: If you’re dealing with broken bones, major blood loss, head injuries, or other serious medical emergencies remember to call for help immediately! Don’t waste time asking dumb questions like, “Are you OK?” and “Should we get help?” Stuff to buy for a mountain biking crash kit:
- For Cleaning the Wound
- For Covering Small Wounds that Aren’t Bleeding
- NuSkin Liquid Bandage (NOTE: Wait a little while for the Neosporin to soak in)
- For Covering Large Wounds
- Extra large non-stick STERILE wound pads (at least 3″ square) to go over wound
- 4″ gauze pads to go on top of the non-stick wound pad
- 4″ gauze roll to wrap the entire area
- Self-stick, flexible adhesive bandage to secure the coverings
- For Dealing with Wounds that Won’t Stop Bleeding, Punctures, and Deep Wounds
- For Dealing with Pain
- After Treating the Wound
- Purell hand sanitizing wipes
- Ziplock gallon-size bag for used medical supplies
- A trip to your local ice cooler or bar for much needed beer.
You can print out this page to take with you to the store or buy everything online at Amazon.com by visiting my MTB Crash Kit wish list.