The Irvine Open Space is only accessible during special programs. See their website for upcoming open access days and guided mountain bike rides: http://www.irlandmarks.org/
This route begins at Quail Hill Community Park.
- From the parking area (either one) at Quail Hill Community Park, follow the paved trail at the east side of the park toward the south side of the park.
- At the end of the park, a dirt path begins. Follow that path east to the Quail Hill trail.
- Ride up the Quail Hill trail to its top.
- Enter Irvine Open Space at Cattle Crest (right turn approx 2.5 miles into your ride overall, up a small hill).
- Enjoy the ride down Cattle Crest, which ends up by the golf course.
- Left on Shady Oaks (the road next to the golf course)
- Keep riding toward Shady Oaks at the 3 way intersection
- Shady Oaks eventually turns into a fire road. Stay on it. Do not go up the steep hills next to the power lines. They are dead ends.
- Right on Serrano, toward the 73
- Right on Hogback Ridge
- Right on Ridge Route (awesome single track downhill)
- Left at the pavement
- Right on Bommer Meadows trail
- Continue through Bommer Meadows to Shady Canyon Dr
- Turn right at the bike path and follow it all the way back to Quail Hill
Distance: Approx 12.5 miles
Climbing: Approx 2000′
Here’s a map of the route:
Photos of the Route